Mentees gain invaluable insight beyond their own education and experience. Give yourself the edge with the support and guidance of a mentor. Whether you need advice or a sounding board, a mentor can inspire and guide you. Once you are assigned to a mentor, you are encouraged to begin the relationship with specific goals and expectations. Your benefits may extend far beyond what you planned, and may include:
- Access to a support system during critical stages of your career development
- An insider's perspective on navigating your career
- Clearer understanding and enhancement of career plans
- Exposure to diverse perspectives and experiences
- Direct access to powerful resources within your profession
- Identification of skill gaps
- Greater knowledge of career success factors
- The foundation of a lasting professional network
If you can answer "YES" to the following statements, you are a great candidate for our Mentoring Program:
- I'm responsible for my career goals and would enjoy the benefit of a mentor's guidance to create a plan for success.
- I'm ready to listen, but I'm also ready to share my ideas so it's a give and take relationship.
- I'm ready for objective feedback to consider new ideas and new approaches suggested by my mentor.
- I have realistic expectations for my mentor relationship. No one is perfect and good relationships take honesty, effort and time.
We will match you to a mentor, based on your mentoring program interest form. Mentors will be assigned on an annual basis, with first priority given to the mentees who have had the greatest level of involvement in the Houston/Gulf Coast Chapter.
If you have any questions please contact Ginger Coleman at 713-783-0297 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be open in mid January